Graduate Student at University of Maryland, Baltimore-County, MD.
Some things that define me.
I would like to
- Build good software that makes lives easier, adds value.
- Work with like-minded people and learn from them.
- A multi-tasker and a passionate programmer.
- A programming languages, databases and DevOps enthusiast.
- A quick and perpetual learner.
- An effective leader and a good mentor. I have constantly mentored juniors at my job and have also hosted many local programming community meetups.
Technologies I have worked with.
MongoDb, MySQL, PostGreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, DynamoDb
jQuery, Backbone.js, Marionette.js, React
I've spoken at RubyConfIndia 2017
and DeccanRubyConf 2017
. Here's my bio
Shaunak is a Computer science graduate Student at University of Maryland, Baltimore-County. He has 4+ years of experience in developing large scale Rails based products. Introduced to Ruby 8 years ago, it has since been his go-to language. When not working, you'll probably find him listening to Metallica or exploring complex magic systems of Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere.
A few projects I worked on
GitHub Education's teacher focused product for distributing programming assignments to students. I helped refactoring the assignment creation process and made performance improvements. More details on this blog post.
Flagship product of Amura Marketing Technologies where I was an early employee and contributed to the Marketing automation related features.
A prototype for an automated version control system for managing configuration files like database configs, cron jobs and server config files.
Apart from these, I have a few academic projects and a few experiments which you can view here.
Some significant events
If you have questions or want to contact me, feel free to connect with me on any of the profiles listed on my site.